Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Post of 2013 :)


Another new year. Damn I feel old :( I can't believe I'm going to be 24 this year! So old....
I guess it's time for a sappy post.
This year has been crazy and blessed in many many ways. I could probably spend like an hour writing a post about all the shit and good stuff that's happened this year. Like literally, now that I think about it, this year has been a TOTAL blur. Mostly because med school is so fast paced and each day goes by in a blur. I guess that's something to work towards in the future -- savoring each day and each moment because it will never come again.
I thank God for helping my family get through all the bad moments this year. This year has put a toll on our family, challenged all four of us, and has tested our love. And I'm happy we've come out of this with some damage, but with much more cohesion and togetherness than I have seen in years.
And of course, now I'm 3/8 of a doctor! I feel like I know nothing, but I think I've come out with a lot more patience, determination, and confidence. Also, I feel like for the first time I've made some real relationships that will last me a lifetime.
Of course, I have much more to improve on this upcoming year. For one, now that I'm 24 it really really hurts me that I've never had a real relationship....never had a steady boyfriend. That's something I really want to fix, but first I have to change the way I look at myself. I have a horrible self-image and that's something I want to work really hard to fix this upcoming year. I have all the tools, I just have to put it to use and dodge all the stress-induced pressures to wreck my diet that spring up every other day in med school. Ahh but that could comprise a whole post on its own, so that's all I'll see about that in this post.
But yeah, I'm hoping 2014 is a better year than this year in many ways, but I hope our family is blessed with good health once again this year. There have been a lot of deaths in my family recently, with the most shocking being my cousin Deepak's untimely death. It seems SO unreal to me still and I still sometimes think it was a bad dream. He was such a young, handsome man full of promise, potential, and unfulfilled dreams. I'm hoping that wherever he is, he is resting in peace. Like I said, it's still a HUGE shock for me and the rest of my family and may God support his close family in this rough time. There have also been other deaths in more distant family and my God bless their souls as well. I'm so scared for my health and my parent's health...I'm hoping God once again graces us with good health and prosperity as he has this year. That's my biggest prayer for this upcoming year...I just want God to protect my family and bless them with good health and wealth.
I think that's about it for my post! Here's to a great 2013 and a (hopefully) better 2014! I'm hoping I grow in many ways this year, and I really really really hope I can shrink my waistline and finally have the dream body I've wanted for the past 15 years. Seriously, it's time to stop cycle-dieting and shed this weight once and for all!

No comments :

Post a Comment