Monday, December 30, 2013

No-buy January/February!


HOLY MOLY. Signed on to my PNC virtual wallet this morning to pay my credit card bill for this month and I literally freaked out for a second that my credit card number had been stolen! After checking my purchase history, I was kinda horrified to know that my number had infact not been stolen (whew!), but rather that I had spent $500 within the past like 3 weeks! Yeah....$500 in three weeks. A new all time low for me.
I think I let all the Christmas stress, family stress, exam stress, end of semester stress, and the impending Step1/clerkships stress finally get the best of me. I guess there are worse ways to handle stress than shopping and binge eating, but I think this is a big fat wakeup call for me to mend my ways a little bit this winter season (or as I call it the blah season).
Sooooo I've made a pact to not buy ANYTHING beauty or fashion related in the months of January and February! Yesss, no new makeup, clothes, accessories, bath products, crafting supplies, even no fancy baking ingredients. The only exception I think I'll be making is buying the oh-so-adorable new Too Faced Sweethearts Blush that I've been eyeing up for my annual being-single-on-Valentine's-Day treat, but besides that noooo more beauty binges the rest of these two months! Of course I'll shell out money for food and hygiene products like shampoo or deodorant, but nothing else. Also, as part of my growing list of New Year's resolutions, I'm going to be restricting my eating out days to once a week. Hopefully this will make both my wallet and arteries happy :) although I'm afraid that my new pact of no more refined sugars or processed foods is gonna hit my wallet pretty hard too..but hey hopefully it's gonna pay off this bikini season! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment