Friday, May 16, 2014

End of Step 1 Misery!

Woooo I can finally say that I've survived the Step 1 crazyness and can finally resume a normal life!
I got my score report back a couple days ago and happy to say that I passed! A lot of stuff went on right after I took the Step 1 exam, including a total mental breakdown that resulted in me skipping out on Vegas. Long story but pretty much, that was a rough part of my life.

I'm not entirely happy with my score, but I'm glad that I passed by a decent margin. I got a few points below average and unfortunately, my score is in a little bit of a danger zone. I am going to match in some residency program, but my chances of getting into a top residency program are kind of slim unless I really get my third year scores and Step 2 scores up there. I have been working hard to get good grades and I am going to start studying for Step 2 as soon as I begin my first official core rotation, which is in July. I have a little bit of a break before then, during which I want to finish up a good chunk of my research project and get aligned. I have a meeting with my advisor in a few weeks to discuss where to go after my below average Step 1 score. I'm hoping he gives me some good advice on how to do well third year, where I can realistically expect to match, etc.

So yes, quite a short post but I can't possibly start splurging everything that's gone on for the past few months. We would be here literally forever haha. The only thing I will say is that I am quite nervous because class elections are in full swing and there is quite a bit of competition for the Curriculum Committee position, which I have held for the past 2 years. I did get elected two years in a row, but I'm a little nervous because you never know what may happen and also because I got marginally voted in my first year. There is a good chance I will get re-elected, but still. I don't want to get my hopes up too high. To make things worse, this position is the only one with competition so there will only be 1 loser in the entire election. I'm really hoping that's not me because that will be super embarrassing. I'm hoping my classmates think I did a good job last year, still like me, and will re-elect me! Eeeeek! :(

No comments :

Post a Comment