Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fall 2014 Candle Loves ♥





Bath & Body Works fall preview is here! Since I find candles to be one of the most soothing things in the world, I couldn't help but do a little online window shopping. Now I'm being good and not buying them ahead of time like I really really realllyyyy want to. For one, they don't have the 2 for $22 deal on these yet and I also have some summer candles to burn before September.

Now the good news is that I actually need some fall candles this year! I believe I burned most if not all of my fall candles last year, so I have absolutely none to burn this season. That means that I can splurge a bit on fall candles and still justify my crazy expensive candle purchases. But that's just how much I love burning candles, especially in the fall. Candles to me are a fall-winter thing so I go through literally a candle every 2-3 weeks from September-February. In fact, I barely burn candles in the spring and summer because I don't really like floral/fruity candle scents and also because I don't feel the need to be cozy in the summer time. I pretty much burn through all fall-winter candles I purchase, so I always think it's a good investment especially if it makes me happy :) Plus, I love to try new candle scents and always LOVE fall and winter scents (mmm cinnamon!). And believe me, this fall will be so crazy busy I'm going to be burning candles like crazy while studying for medicine shelf exams. 

BBW has a lot of amazing collections out this fall, but there are a select few candles that caught my eye and that I will most likely purchase this fall. Probably September since they tend to have the 2 for $22 deal around late August/early September, which is the start of fall in my book. I really hope they don't release more scent collections because I already have my eye on five candles I will most likely purchase and don't need more to add to the temptation. Here's the five I narrowed it down to (...for now):

By far, I'm most excited for Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Sugared Doughnut. OH MY GOSH. I love bakery-scented candles, especially on days where I'm feeling like doing some housekeeping, cleaning, organizing, or baking. I love cupcakes and doughnuts, so these two candles are perfect. Plus, they're raved about like crazy and I missed out on Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut last year, so I'm excited to finally get my hands on these sweet candles this year. 

As popular as Leaves is, I've never even smelled it in the store. However, literally every review I've read has raved about this candle like crazy, I don't think I've seen one negative review to date. Therefore, I thought I'd cave in and give this candle a shot. I hear it's fall in a candle, which sounds pretty promising. I love fall, this candle looks/smells/sounds like fall, so it should be a winner. 

Yankee Candle released a candle called Vanilla Chai last year, so this one caught my eye while I was browsing the BBW site. I went through a large tumbler of the YC Vanilla Chai in about a month. Yes, that's how much I loved that scent. I'm hoping this one smells similar to the YC version. It's such a unique, but perfect scent for the fall time! Warm, cozy chai with cinnamon...ahhh reminds me of a fall afternoon at Starbucks. I love Starbucks in the fall, so no wonder I love this scent so much.

Lastly, I've always really wanted to try Marshmallow Fireside. Not gonna lie, mainly because of the name. I hear it's a sweet, but smoky scent and another great fall candle scent. I think this candle would be great for wintertime too, but I'm pretty sure this is released as a fall scent only if I'm not mistaken. I'm always up for trying new scents and this one would be a great one to cross off my list this fall!

No comments :

Post a Comment