Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Favorites!

Here are my most used products for the month of July. Woo, almost done with summer! :)

Wet n' Wild 8-Pan Coloricon Palette in Walking the Red Carpet

I purchased this limited-edition W&W palette sometime around May, but I haven't gotten around to using it a lot until this month. I used the 'Eyelid' and 'Crease' shades in the first column last month, but I didn't like it too much because it made my eyes look tired and dull. This month, though, I've been experimenting with the second column a lot more. I've especially liked using the 'Crease' shade in the second column all over my eyelid during the daytime. It looks so gorgeous as a shimmery, yet natural daytime eyeshadow color! Makes me look much more awake and it looks stunning when worn alone all over the eyelid. No smokey crease color needed. I hope W&W releases more natural-colored eyeshadows in the future! Amazing drugstore eyeshadow palette for only a few dollars, what's more to ask for. 

Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up Colossal Mascara

My new favorite mascara of the year. I normally don't like Maybelline mascaras because they tend to clump really really easily. I've tried the Great Lash and the Rocket Volume in the past with little success. Therefore, I was initially skeptical to try this mascara, but I decided to give it a shot after seeing the fat-bristled brush and a lot of Youtube gurus rave about this product. In a nutshell, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. It barely clumps, separates my lashes beautifully, lasts all day, doesn't flake, volumizes without over-lenghtening my lashes, and comes in a pretty eye catching hot pink tube. Love love love. In fact, I love this mascara so much I've been wearing it alone most days with just foundation, without any eyeshadow, blush, or even lipstick. I love how when I'm in a rush, I can just swipe on a few coats of this mascara and I look awake and polished. Truly an express product.

Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural

I've probably mentioned this in a past favorites post, but I've been using this blush literally everyday this month. Alongside the Maybelline Pumped Up Volume mascara, this does a great job at making me look awake and polished within minutes. It doubles as a highlighter and a blush without being too frosty and it's great for when I'm in a rush and want a no-brainer face product to give me a nice, healthy glow. Doesn't require much blending and it's sheer enough that you can't overdose on it.  

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Quartz

I absolutely love the new Maybelline Crystal Collection!! For years, I've wanted a sheer Baby Lips collection because most of the other Baby Lips collections are super opaque and look terrible on me. I don't really like opaque tinted lip balms, which is what most of the Baby Lips are. I struggled to find a shade that works for me, until this collection came out. I love every single color! I like Pink Quartz especially because it's truly a MLBB color and it's sheer enough that I can swipe it on without a mirror and look great. Again, great for days where I'm just running errands and don't want too much makeup on or when I'm in a rush and need a quick no-brainer lip product. And they're so hydrating and smooth, and the tube is gorgeous and sparkly. I hope I can pick up a few more shades in this collection this coming fall because these are going to be my favorite lip balms for this cold weather season, hands down! The berry and mauve shades are going to look especially beauty for fall time.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pango Peach

This lipgloss looks so fricken pretty in the tube, I couldn't not mention this in my favorites! It's a really pretty melon-peachy-coral color that is perfect for the summertime. I've been wearing this gloss a ton this month, mainly around the house because this gloss does tend to wear down pretty quickly and needs to be reapplied fairly often. But, it's super shimmery so it looks great when worn outdoors in the sunlight which is how I'm hoping to wear it for the rest of the summer. But it's a really breathtaking, unique lipgloss color and I don't have anything like it in my collection. Great gloss for the fall and even goes with heavier eye makeup, since it is a nudey lip color.  

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nailpolish in Speedy Sunburst 

Hands down my favorite nail polish this summer. I love neon colors for the summer and since pink is my favorite color, this is of course my favorite nail color this season. In fact, it's been on my hands or toes most of this summer and I'll probably be reapplying it next time I do my nails. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri also happens to be one of my favorite nail polish lines because it's affordable, has a great color selection, and has a really nice applicator brush. Plus, it dries in a jiffy and doesn't chip for a while. Don't know how much more I can gush about this nail polish color!

S'mores!

Favorite summertime treat! My brother and I have been loving eating smores for dessert once every few weeks. We finally figured out how to make the perfect indoor smores and have been obsessed! I forgot how wonderful summertime smores taste and smell, ahh! Hoping to carry on this tradition to fall time, maybe even on an outdoor fire pit! 

Evol Sausage, Egg, & Smoked Gouda Breakfast Burrito
Not gonna lie, on most mornings I barely have time to put on makeup, let alone make a proper breakfast. I always struggle to find grab n' go breakfast options, because most of them are sweet and I'm definitely a savory breakfast kind of girl. I've always hated cereals, yogurts, granolas, or anything sweet in the morning because they make me kinda feel sick. The sweetest thing I can scarf down in the morning is a banana. But when I went to Target a few weeks ago, I found these on sale and grabbed a few to try. And I am IN LOVE. First off, these burritos taste so fricken' delicious and hearty! Definitely my kind of breakfast. Second, it takes only 2 minutes to heat up in the microwave. Third, it's actually good for you and keeps you full for hours and hours!!! Not many things I can say that about. It's packed with protein, only has 35g carbs, and only 300mg of sodium!!!! The last factoid there is the reason why I love these babies. It's so hard to find frozen meal options that aren't saturated with salt and other nasty preservatives. They're on sale at Target for $1.66 until the beginning of August, so I stocked up on a bunch for rushed mornings where I have to grab n' go my food. I wish they made other flavors, but for now I'm going to stockpiling these in my freezer like crazy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment