Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hello, November!


It's finally November, meaning that Halloween is past us and it's time to look forward to Thanksgiving and my favorite holiday, Christmas! :) The weather outside was super chilly this afternoon and it's the first time I've felt like it was officially fall-winter weather. Hot chocolate weather, my favorite! <3 I was also mildly surprised, yet happy, to see the return of red Starbucks cups...this early! Once the Starbucks red cups come out, it's officially holiday season in my book. I, of course, went in to treat myself to one last Pumpkin Spice Latte before winter/holiday time officially kicks in and saw that they've brought back holiday drinks. Mmmm Gingerbread Lattes! I don't believe I saw their newest drink, Chestnut Praline Latte, but I'm super mega excited to try it when it finally hits stores!
So I worked in the morning from about 6am-2pm, and was let out early by my resident (love her!). I was planning on studying, but instead I decided to take the day off, visit my family, and just relax. It's been a rough week! I love inpatient medicine and surprisingly don't tire after 16 hours days, but it is mentally taxing and time-consuming, and I don't really get a lot of "me time" during the week most days. So it was really nice having an afternoon off to just relax my brain. I decided to paint my nails in a holiday red shade to celebrate the turning of the seasons. Okay I know it's officially still fall, but it feels like winter since every store I go into screams Christmas! I'm not complaining though. I absolutely love this time of year. It's a time full of cheer, comfort, warm drinks, and cozy sweaters :) I do hope I have enough free time these next two months to enjoy the season! It's going to be damn hard with medicine, but I'll try to make some time for holiday cheer at least.
Well anyway, time for bed. Lonnnng study day ahead tomorrow :(

No comments :

Post a Comment