Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stress Shopping & New Ulta Opening Goodies!


Soooo time is tick tocking down to when I take quite possibly one of the most important tests of my life. Yes, the infamous Step 1. I've been kind of behind since I realized that I had spent most of my study time religiously trying to memorize every little factoid in First Aid rather than trying to answer questions based on pattern recognition which is apparently what you need to do in order to ace Step 1.
Needless to stay, I've been working overtime to cram everything into my brain which means plenty of coffee and stress.
My study table is decorated with various coffee cups and my face is covered in stress acne. So what do I do when I'm feeling stressed out? Like any girly girl, I hit the mall. I went to Sephora and Forever21 and bought some makeup and a really pretty bright blue top. And since Ulta recently opened a new store in my neighborhood (just a dangerous 10 minutes away from my house) and I was already out shopping, of course I hit it up and bought some unnecessary goodies.


Not too much stuff, see :) Some of these products I actually needed, like a new shampoo and conditioner and the acne body wash. I decided to try the John Frieda line of Smooth Start shampoo and conditioner, which I haven't heard too much about but it was BOGO1/2 at Ulta so I decided I would give it a shot. Also picked up the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash since I have some zits around my neckline area I want to get rid of before my trip to Vegas. Excited to try it since I've been meaning to buy it for over a year now.
Of course, I also bought some makeup because I couldn't help but pass by the makeup aisles on my way to the checkout line. I bought the Physician's Formula matte shadow quad I had been meaning to try for a few weeks now. It has some really pretty brown mattes for everyday use that I"m excited to try. I've realized my eye looks have been over the top shimmery lately so I'm looking forward to matte things up for a change. Since I've been in loveeee with the NYX Butter Glosses lately, I bought one of their new shades called Angel Food Cake, which is a really pretty sheer pinky mauve that should be a good neutral for everyday wear. Since NYX products were also BOGO1/2, I also bought one of the NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses in Nude Pink, which is a gorgeous light baby pink, but sheer enough so it doesn't make me look too washed out. The NYX Mega Shine glosses are my new love, next to the Butter Glosses. They're watermelon scented, super sleek packaging, easy applicator brush, look super shiny on my lips, are extremely hydrating and comfortable, and stay a long time on my lips. In love with them! 
Lastly, I also bought a new blush from Sephora. Since I was a little upset about not being able to get the Too Faced Sweethearts Flush Blush during the Ulta sale, I decided to get the Clinique Cheek Pop Blush Pop in Berry Pop (whew that's a lotta pops). They're the new blush line from Clinique and they're gotten rave reviews, so I had to try them out especially since I love gentle makeup brands. Plus, I chose the bright, pinky-berry color since I didn't have one in my collection and it should look gorgeous for this summer.

So there we go, retail therapy is the best. Now onto acing my Step 1 test and going to Vegas! Woop woop!

No comments :

Post a Comment