Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Handling Finances


I was putting in a Sephora order this afternoon (since they're doing the 3X points for VIB members plus have a free lip product VIB gift out) and to my surprise, my order wouldn't go through. Never did I think that it was because my credit card bill for the month had been up to $545. That might not seem like a lot, but I live on my own and only support myself. And I had just paid $474 on July 7th. So, that means I've managed to spend that much money in a month.

That's outrageous to be honest, and I have no excuse for spending that much money in a month. Looking at my expenses history, it's mainly been food and grocery store trips. July was full of fast food, which piles up the credit card bill really easily. But it's weird because towards the end of the month, I had been making numerous grocery store trips a week and spending $50+ each time. I'm not saying it's bad to go stockpile your fridge, but to make healthy grocery choices and still be like 50 pounds overweight is crazy to me. 

I always say I'm going to watch my expenditure, but I always trail off on that promise after week one. Life just comes along and there goes that resolution. But, since I'm less busy that usual this month, I really want to work on fixing my finances. Here are some tips I thought up to save more money this month:

  • Daily credit card balance emails
  • Limit myself to $100 worth of makeup per season
  • Limit myself to $100 worth of clothes, candles, accessories, home stuff, etc. per season
  • Limit to $100 per month on groceries
So not a whole bunch, but these would be good to start off with and see how they go. 
Will update on my progress! 



No comments :

Post a Comment