Monday, February 10, 2014

FOTD: Brightening Everyday Look


I know I've been slacking on posting, but things have just gotten so busy lately! Ugh honestly this past week has been so crazy with Step 1 studying on top of repro studying on top of all the meetings and small group sessions that I'm really slacking in the self-care department. So I'm chalking tomorrow evening as being an evening off and I'm looking forward to painting my nails, bleaching my face, shaving (yeah yeah judge away), fixing my brows, catching up on Pinterest, and the works. And maybe even catching up on the laundry list of emails I have to send out.  

I figured that today I would do a FOTD post, which would motivate me to get a little more jazzed up than usual. I did a full makeup look today - eyes, face, and lips. However, this post is more of a "Products of the Day" post since I'm not going to post a photo of the "after" look since I'm running a little late (have my OSCE's today, ahh!!) and won't have time to take photos of the completed look.

Anyway, this look was meant to be a light, natural look. I chose to brighten my eyes with a shimmery champagne shadow and keep the rest of my face pretty natural. Popped some light pink blush on my cheeks and topped my lips off with a rose-tinted lipgloss. Again, I know this post is kinda sucky since there aren't any pictures of the completed look, but take my word for it -- these products together make an absolutely beautiful natural look that brightens up your eyes and makes you look really awake. 

Skincare (not all products are shown above)
Clinique Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser + Toner
Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 
Clinique All About Eyes Rich Eye Cream
LUSH Lip Scrub in Bubblegum

Makeup
Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer in Tan 2
Urban Decay Primer Potion 
Stila Vibrant in Vancouver Palette -- I dusted the middle, champagne-colored shadow all over my lid
L'oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
L'oreal Le Gloss in Really Rose

No comments :

Post a Comment