Monday, February 17, 2014

Loose Pigments Mineral Makeup



Makeup Used
BareMinerals Concealer in Tan 2
BareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer
BareMinerals Eyeshadow in Queen Tiffany
BareMinerals Blush in Golden Gate
BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Smooth Talker

This was my very first time using loose pigments and honestly, it was a lot easier to apply than I thought it would be! I used a loose pigment eyeshadow and blush, both of which were from BareMinerals. Considering the fact that I"m not the most careful makeup-applier, I was a little scared to apply loose pigment makeup. But, the other day I decided it was time for a little challenge and change, so I picked up this cute little BareMinerals kit a couple weeks ago with a loose pigment eyeshadow and blush.
The eyeshadow color is absolutely beautiful, although it didn't show up that well in the picture above. It's a beautiful almond-taupe color that actually applies really sheer compared to higher quality pressed eyeshadows. I guess that's one of the caveats with loose pigments? Unless it's just this shade. In any case, it was really really easy to apply with a stiff, flat eyeshadow brush and didn't fall out at all even when I patted it on my (primed) lids. As far as staying power, it did crease a little tiny bit 8-10 hours after application, but the color was still there and evident.
The blush was also really easy to apply. It was a peachier, apricot-toned blush. I actually really liked this blush color with my skin tone. Really flattering. Again, it applied very softly and evenly. The last time I remembered using a loose pigment blush was when I was 15 and I remember the color being very harsh and patchy appearing. None of that with this blush though, partially because of its soft color. Definitely going to be a favorite this spring and summer!

All in all, I'm quite impressed with loose pigment makeup! Definitely less scary than I thought it would be. I'm excited to try more loose pigment eyeshadows in the future and even more blushes. One of the things I really love about these types of blushes is that they're really pure and made with only a few ingredients. They don't have any of the filler, preservative stuff that's in pressed blushes. That's one of the reasons I initially fell in love with BareMinerals and I'm definitely excited to try some new stuff from them!

No comments :

Post a Comment