Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Decorations! ♥

Wooo! I finally put up my Valentine's decorations! And by Valentine's, I really mean all of February and probably my new default decorations haha. I absolutely love anything pink and heart-patterned, so it's no real surprise that my favorite type of decorations are V-day decorations. In fact, I had to really stop myself from buying every single adorable decoration (which was literally every other item I saw) in the store. But overall I'd say I did a pretty good job restricting myself to only buying a few things. My room is quite big and overall, it's very very pink so any decorations or seasonal changes in colors unfortunately get drowned out quite easily. But, I guess the fact that nearly everything I own is pink, it gels well with the Vday theme going on. 
I chose a few key parts of my room to decorate, since these decorations will only last about a month. I chose to make an adorable heart pick bouquet, decorate my closet door with hearts, and found a pretty heart-shaped pillow. 


Guess I'll start with the first thing you see when you walk into my room. I found this cute little plushy heart pillow at the Dollar Tree and realized how perfect it would go with my room decor. I initially had it on my door handle, but I think by my bed adds a nice little zing. 


Next up, my heart bouquet. I found some heart-shaped picks at Walmart for $1 per four pack. I bought two packs and then found a vase at the Dollar Tree. I initially was going to use this vase for my eye makeup brushes, but when the picks didn't really fit in the mug I wanted to put them in, I realized that the vase would be much better suited for the picks. I love love love the way this looks! I think this would make a great decor piece in our common room or kitchen once the Vday season is over. I usually put seasonal picks at the corner of my desk, so they most likely won't stay in my room past February. So gorgeous though, and only $3!!! And of course, my favorite Christmas Cookie candle is let right next to it, making it look that much more gorgeous :) 







I found these glittery hearts at the Dollar Tree and although they're meant to be table scatter, I thought they would look amazing on my closet door, which happens to be one of the focal points of my room. I spent about an hour trying to figure out the best way to organize these on my door, but kind of struggled. I wish I had another pack of these! I think making them look like falling heart strings looks quite flattering. I wish I had another pack, possibly with smaller hearts, to fill into the spaces. That would look absolutely gorgeous! I might toy around with the arrangement a little more, but so far I think I kinda like way the best. 


And lastly, these aren't decorations, but these is the fragrance bulb and shower gel I have planned on using this month. For my common room/kitchen fragrance, I chose Winter Candy Apple because it is such a sweet, candy-like smell that is really nice for the season I think. It melts away the winter blues and I don't know...something about the smell just seems perfect for Vday. As for my shower gel, I really think the Sandalwood Rose is a really nice scent for the romantic season and it's perfect because I currently feel quite stressed out with all the Step 1 stuff and this scent should be nice and calming in the shower.

So that's it! My decorations for now up until mid-March most likely. I'm really excited because I got a 20% off coupon from Jo-Ann Fabrics that expires in early March, so it's gonna be great for a nice spring-time decor haul. I'm probably not going to get anything too exciting, maybe just a few new picks for my vase, a spring-themed fleece blanket, plastic flowers, etc. Maybe even some fresh flowers for the new season. Also, trying to get some more crafts done, like my long overdue heart poster and photo album. Definitely next on my to-do list!

No comments :

Post a Comment