Friday, February 21, 2014

Spa Night!


Whew, it's undeniable that the past few weeks have been stressful as hell. Lots of studying, late nights, early mornings, and a hell of a lotta coffee (my boyfriend essentially because I always have it with me). So I thought that tonight would be the perfect night to treat myself and take the whole day off to bum around and do some spa-like things. I just had a test this morning and boards prep time goes into full-time mode starting Monday, so tonight was one of the only free evenings I had for a little at-home pampering.

First things first, I came home to my parent's house and hung around with my family. I'm definitely glad I have them by my side to help me through this crazy period in my life. They're always there for me and cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down. Things with my friends have been crazy this week and I've been very emotional and depressed, so it was definitely nice to come and be welcomed and loved. After playing Monopoly, sipping coffee, chatting with my mom, and eating dinner, I took a nice hot shower. I normally like taking bubble baths when I'm stressed because they relax my muscles, but I just felt like taking a long shower instead for some reason. Felt absolutely amazing and immediately dissolved a lot of my stress! Afterwards, I treated my knotty hair to some argan oil spray and got to work detangling it with my wide tooth comb and Wet brush. Now it's super silky smooth, hydrated, healthy, and completely knot-free. Works out perfectly since I plan on curling my hair for a party tomorrow night. My hair's been so dry and tangled for the past few weeks that I feel much better now that I don't look like a caveman and now that my hair doesn't feel like steel wool.

Next, I lathered myself with some of my favorite Lavanila body butter. Oh my goodness, the smell itself can just put me in an instantaneously good mood! It smells like sugar cookies and much much sweeter than any other vanilla body cream I've ever used. I like it a lot better than the BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar body butter, although the smell of that body butter is divine in its own way. I literally cannot stop smelling myself every five minutes. Plus, my skin feels so moisturized and smooth now. Definitely a treat since my skin has been parched for the past few weeks!

I also wanted to finally open my Mint Julep mask that I had been meaning to use for about two months or more now. I applied it as a mask for 15 minutes and was a little disappointed at how dry it left my skin. My pores were giant craters and I had little bumps on my forehead. I put a lot of my nighttime moisturizer on and I must say that my skin does look more radiant and supple now. However, since this mask does a great job at drying up acne, I'm probably going to start using this as an overnight spot treatment for my pimples. We'll see how my pimples do tomorrow. Hopefully smaller and/or drier!

After that wonderful hour of pampering my hair, body, and face, I'm laying in my warm comfy bed listening to Colbie Caillat while writing this post. I feel so much more relaxed and happy now! I'm so glad I was able to set aside a few hours to have this little spa night because it was definitely much needed before the craziness of boards officially goes into full stream. But that's for tomorrow's plate. For tonight, I'm looking forward to my 8+ hours of sleep and sleeping without a damn alarm on! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment