Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I ♥ Summer Tag!

I've been on a kick with these tags lately, so here's another one! Less beauty related, more random bits and bob type of questions. :) Plus I was bored and lazy sitting in bed, wanting to update my blog after my crazy long vacation last week, so here's a nice relaxed post! 

1. Favorite bronzer for summer?
I don't really wear bronzers since I'm already so tan (and get tanner with the summer)! The only bronzer-esque product I do use on a more regular basis is my Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess, which I use more as a highlight or a natural-hued blush.

2. You're relaxing in a hammock, on a tropical island. What are you sipping on?

Probably an iced coffee! I'm not a huge fan of sugary drinks, so my answer would either have to be an ice cold cup of water or some form of iced coffee drink. I really like the Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks, so I try to get that every once in a while. I also just like plain old iced coffee from a coffee shop when I'm treating myself to a drink. I don't really like making iced coffees at home, although I have been quite obsessed with the International Delight ready-made iced coffee drinks!

3. Favorite summer lip product?

Anything glossy! I love wearing sheer lip glosses during the summertime because they're so easy to pop on and are quite low maintenance. One of my favorite lipgloss brand for the summertime are The Body Shop glosses that smell like fruit, which makes them a fun, yummy summertime makeup product especially because they're so juicy and give the most flattering natural wash of pink-red to your lips. I also really like the Benefit Ultra Plush glosses because they're so glossy, but lightweight and smell faintly like peaches. My favorite color from this line would definitely have to be Hoola, a gorgeous and versatile bronzey-nude shade that looks absolutely amazing on its own or paired with a heavy eye look.

4. Pool or Beach?

Probably the beach because it feels so nice and calming to put your feet in the warm sand and stare out into the ocean. The ocean sounds are so incredibly calming too, especially early mornings and late evenings when it's quiet and calm on the beach! I also really like strolling along the boardwalk and taking a peak at all the wonderful shops along the way.

5. Summer = crazy hair! What's your must-have styling product?

The only thing that seems to tame my frizzy mess of hair is the Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. It combats frizz amazingly well, but with the downside that it tends to weigh down your hair due to the rich oils in the product. I don't use it nearly as much as I should, but when I need something that will calm down my frizz effectively, I definitely reach the most for this product!

6. Sun bathing or fake tan?

Neither :) Natural tan, bitches! If anything, I try to avoid the sun at all costs to avoid getting darker, haha.

7. Favorite summer nail polish?

I love neon nail polishes during the summertime, so I rotate between bright oranges, pinks, purples, even yellows! My favorite one (since my fave color is pink) is the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nailpolish in Speedy Sunburst, a beautiful hot neon pink polish. Perfect, perfect, perfect color for the summertime and looks stunning with a tan on both fingernails and toenails!

8. Any summer traditions?

Hmm no real major traditions, but my family always takes a road trip during the summer. This year, we went to Washington DC over Memorial Day weekend. We also try to go to our favorite local summer spots, like Moraine State Park, Oglebay, and Stonewall Resort in WV. Me and my brother also try to make as many indoor s'mores as possible over our little gas stove at home! Summer traditions for me are all about spending lots and lots of quality time with the family :)

9. Favorite summer scent?

I like fruity scents during the summer, especially mango, watermelon, and strawberry. I don't tend to burn many candles during the summer, but strawberry candles seem to be my favorite. I detest coconut scents however, so anything coconut or "island" scented is definitely not my cup of tea. As far as body spray scents, I gravitate towards my fruity PINK body sprays. At the moment I'm using one called "Sweet & Flirty", which is a mix of sugar berry and pink grapefruit. Smells aaamazing and fruity, perfect for the summertime!

10. Favorite BBQ food?

I would have to say some form of marinated chicken or my favorite picknicky-BBQ food....POTATO SALAD! I'm not a huge burger person, but I love marinated chicken breasts such as the one my dad often makes during the summertime. Also, I gotta eat potato salad at least once during the summertime or else it's a fail of a summer for me!

11. What's your favorite summer-proof product?

Hmm not quite sure about this one....I would have to say deodorant since it combats any sweatiness or smelliness I may develop throughout the day, haha. I sweat A LOT during the summer, so deodorant is an absolute must for me! Also, eyeshadow primers are a godsend for the summer since they help my shadow stick on all day no matter how much I sweat.

12. Any summer vacation plans this year? No plans?

No huge summer vacation plans were made this year. However, I had an absolute BLAST with my parents in Washington DC in May this year and then having a mini-reunion with my undergrad friends in Washington DC last week! I also got to spend a few days exploring NYC with my mom last week, which were absolutely wonderful. So although I didn't get to go any crazy fancy places, I got to spend a lot of quality time with close friends and family, which I'm incredibly thankful for :)

No comments :

Post a Comment