Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lip Product Addict Tag!


It's no secret that I love lip products. Sooo as I was reorganizing my makeup drawer, especially my favorite lippie containers, I got inspired to do this tag! 

1. What is your favorite balm or treatment?
I'd divide this question into regular lip balms and tinted lip balms. As far as regular lip balms,  my favorite one would have to be Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey. I discovered these last year and have been using them like crazy during the winter. They're super affordable, smell yummy, and are small enough to be stowed away in a book bag or purse.
As far as tinted lip balms go, I'm loving the CoverGirl Smoochies. I love how they are sheer, but you can build on the product for more a more opaque color. Also, these smell like cherries and are very, very affordable!  

2. What is your favorite eye catching red?

I don't have very many red lip products, since I'm quite shy about wearing bold, bright lip colors. However, when I go to a fancy or formal event, my go to red shade is Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Fiery. It's a bright, cherry red so it's definitely eye catching! I know it's not a classic red lipstick, but I love this product because it lasts an incredibly long time even through eating and drinking and feels super light on the lips. And plus for some reason, I think matte reds are more attractive than shiny, red lips. If I want something darker, I'll reach for my Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet or my Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Boudreaux

3. The best luxury and drugstore product?

Most of my lip products are from the drugstore because I feel like you can very easily find good quality glosses and lipsticks at the drugstore. Plus, they're always coming out with new collections so it's very easy to hoard up on them! For luxury lip products, I would say Chanel lipsticks because they look soooo regal and beautiful, but it would be unfair because I don't actually own any (about to change that this winter though!). Therefore, my favorite luxury lip brand as of now would have to be the Benefit Ultra Plush Glosses. Now, for being a higher-end product, they're still quite affordable at $16 a pop, but the reason I'm putting them here is because they're a little pricey for how sheer they are. I buy them because I'm in LOVE with the ease of application, taste/smell, shine, and hydration these glosses provide that is unparalleled in my opinion. These are by the far the smoothest and most pleasant smelling lip glosses I have ever used (they smell like peaches!!) and will continue to buy these because of that. Again, they're very very sheer and not very buildable, but that's just another reason I love them since I tend to wear more sheer lip products and love wearing these on casual days. 
For drugstore, I'd have to divide this question up into favorite gloss and lipstick line from the drugstore. For glosses, 
For drugstore lipstick, I would have to say my favorite are the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. Holy moly, I absolutely HATED lipsticks before I used this product, but these changed my life forever. First off, they're a hybrid of true lipsticks and tinted lip balms, so they're very very moisturizing and creamy but still have amazing color payoff. By far the best part about these lipsticks is that you can build up the color as much as you want.  I like to wear mine sheer, so I only apply a few coats, but you can slather it on if you want a more intense look. Plus, I LOVE the color selection and own 6-7 of these babies, by far the product I own the most colors in! My favorite MLBB of all time is Pink Truffle from this line, which is been my favorite, holy-grail, most loved lip product of all time!!!!

4. Best MAC lipstick?

Again, I shamefully don't own any! I'm about to change that this fall and get my very first MAC lipstick.....Cosmo!!! After a ton of research I think I finally found a good MLBB shade and so decided to make this one my very first lippie from Mac. I hear amazing things, so I'm quite excited to try this formula finally!

5. Most disappointing lip product?

I'd have to say the Clinique Chubby Sticks have been by far the most disappointing products ever. It's sad because I really really love the color selection, but the product itself isn't very hydrating. It applies nicely but it dries off to a rough finish, leaving my lips feeling kinda yucky. Plus, it smells like play-dough and weird. Really sad because the color Fuller Fig was my very first MLBB purchase and I loved it, but the product itself had a terrible formula.

6. Lip Liner: Yes or No?

Nope, makes me look weird! :)

7. Favorite gloss?

This is an incredibly hard question because I love love love glosses and have quite a few favorite lines. It's a very close tie between the NYX Butter Glosses and bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie glosses, but I would have to go with the NYX Butter Glosses because they're cheaper (only $5 each!), but still amazing glosses. My favorite shades in this line are Apple Strudel and Angel Food Cake. They're also sheer, but definitely more pigmented than the Benefit glosses I mentioned above. One of the good things about this gloss is that you can pile on the product for more coverage without looking like a goopy mess. They leave my lips feeling very smooth and shiny, and feel super super super light on my lips, JUST like butter! Plus, they smell like vanilla cupcakes....nom! 
Honorable mention goes out to the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Glosses for having an amazing long-wearing formula without being overly sticky, smelling yummy, having a great color selection, and being super shiny and smooth! 

8. ..Something else?!
Some other products I love that I didn't mention:

  • Maybelline Baby Lips
  • Maybelline Color Elixirs
  • NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Glosses

No comments :

Post a Comment