Saturday, June 21, 2014

Natural, Glowy Summer Makeup



What's one beauty item that always reminds me of summer? Coral peachy blushes! 
I sadly only have one coral-peach blush in my collection (the bareMinerals READY Blush in The Aphrodisiac) and I am about to hit serious pan on it soon. But, it is literally the most perfect peachy blush for the summer....it looks beautiful on tan complexions, it's shimmery without being an over-the-top glitter bomb, it's nicely pigmented, true to color, decently priced, made with good ingredients, the list goes on and on. There's never been a need for me to invest in another coral blush because this is literally the most perfect blush for my skin tone. As much as I love my new bright fuchsia blush, my favorite summertime blush will always be a shimmery peach blush. It makes my tan complexion look super glow-y, sun kissed, and healthy. And it can be paired with any kind of eye look or lip color and still look beautiful.
I bought the shade (pictured below) on a whim about three years ago when a Sephora employee suggested an apricot colored blush from the then-new bareMinerals READY Blush line. I was a little skeptical as I was a makeup newbie back then and anything except for pink blushes scared the crap outta me! I'm very glad I asked her opinion and bought this blush, because I don't think I have a more perfect blush color in my collection, especially for the summer. It's a true apricot colored blush with a very slight hint of pink and fine golden glitter. I'm not a huge fan of peachy-pink blushes because those tend to make my skin look a little drab. I love this blush shade in particular because it is more peach-coral than pink and doesn't have large chunks of glitter (ahem, NARS Orgasm....). I prefer this to matte peach blushes because the slight hint of glitter cancels the need for a highlighter, instantly perks up my look, and makes me look fresh, sun kissed, and glowing! 

Photo credit = http://www.cosmeticsaficionado.com/



Again, this blush can she worn by itself, but I chose to wear a natural, shimmery bronzey-taupe eyeshadow along with a bronzey-nude gloss to complete the look. These two products make me look even more awake and glowing. What I love about this look is that it's very customizable. I can wear a different eyeshadow or lipgloss and it will still look amazing, but yet different. Next time, I'm hoping to pair this blush with my Coralista gloss or even with my Naked3 palette!

Products Used
bareMinerals Matte Foundation in Golden Tan
CoverGirl TruFix Blend Concealer Stick 
bareMinerals Mineral Veil
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
bareMinerals READY Blush in The Aphrodisiac
Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Hoola

The only issue? My bareMinerals Aphrodisiac blush is about to hit its 3-year expiration mark (self-made expiration date. Something about having a blush for that long just irks me...) and so far, I've had a hard time finding a replacement blush. I'm all for trying new blush brands and I wasn't impressed with the fact that this blush kinda fizzed out as you get closer to hitting pan. What I mean is that when I first used it, the color payoff was amazing but as it got older/closer to pan, the pigmentation and color start fading. Not sure if that's due to its age or something else. Nonetheless, I would love to try a similar color in either the Tarte or NARS line. I haven't found a Tarte dupe, but NARS Torrid blush is a really really close match to the bareMinerals Aphrodisiac blush. 

But, I'm hoping to use this blush up by the end of the summer and toss it. I don't wear coral blushes during the fall/winter season (I swap corals out for pinks and berry and mauves!), so I'll likely purchase another shimmery apricot blush next summer. But so far, this is my goto makeup look next to the fresh, youthful look I achieved in this post with my fuchsia blush. Love love love these two blush colors for the summer! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment