Friday, June 6, 2014

Simple Everyday, Glowy Summertime Makeup


I've been experimenting with a lot of new makeup recently and I think I've mastered the glowy, everyday makeup look that is perfect for the summertime! I haven't really felt like doing heavy, sophisticated makeup looks recently because it's super hot and I sweat like crazy and don't want to end up wiping out an entire eyelid's makeup on accident. Plus, wearing a lot of eye makeup just feels heavy and uncomfortable in the summertime. So I've channeled my inner blush addiction and have started using blush to focus and drive my makeup looks rather than my eyes or lips.  

So, here is my take on the perfect glowy, fresh, simple summertime look. It uses very little makeup and can be done in under 5 minutes! A hot pink/bright berry blush is the focus point of this look and makes me look lit from within. Similar to a post-workout glow. It goes on very bright and pigmented, but blending is key. I usually apply it super saturated and then sheer it out with a big fluffy brush. Ah, I'm just in love with this blush color, I cannot believe I didn't discover it sooner! It is scary looking in the pan, but the color looks just absolutely beautiful on tan complexions. Kind of what a light pink blush looks like on more fair skin. Another thing I love with this look is that it's so versatile. If I want it to be more powerful or colorful, all I have to do is add eyeshadow, a lipstick, or a pigmented lipgloss. You have to be careful though because you don't want to pair a smoky eye or red lip with this blush, because it will start to look more vampy and unnatural. This blush, in my opinion, is more suitable for natural, more sheer makeup looks. Wearing a bright blush like this with heavy eye makeup or a dark lip would just look a bit too much. Usually I wear this look with just the blush and a light wash of a sheer nude or coral gloss. If I do want to do more, I just add a shimmery neutral eyeshadow or a nude pink gloss/lipstick. 

Face
BareMinerals Matte Foundation in Golden Tan
CoverGirl TruFix Concealer Stick
BareMinerals Mineral Veil
Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop

Eyes
Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
For a more put together, but still natural look, use Physician's Formula Matte Collection Quad in Classic Nudes 
For shimmery eyes, use a gold eyeshadow

Lips
Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Hoola 
For more pigmented lips, use Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brûlée or Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
For a wash of sheer color, use Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Coralista or The Body Shop Lip Gloss in Watermelon

No comments :

Post a Comment