Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer Hair Care

Ahh, my least favorite season of the year: summer. I know I'm probably in the minority, but nothing about summer really excites me. In my school days, the prospect of having 3 months off was joyous, but now that I don't have a summer break, there is absolutely nothing I look forward to about the summertime. (Hence my copious fall dreaming, especially in this 92 degree weather!). I hate the beating sun on my face, sweating like crazy, wearing shorts I have to pull down every two minutes, feeling parched all the time. Blah I hate it all!

One of my least favorite parts about summer is dry, frizzy, unmanageable hair that requires extra TLC during the harsh summer months. Thanks to some product experimenting, I've discovered a few wonderful hair products that seem to work wonders to hydrate my lifeless summer hair! Not perfect, but it definitely tames frizz, moisturizes my hair, and makes my hair feel silky smooth. And with only a few, inexpensive products.

Shampoo & Conditioner
John Freida Smooth Start Shampoo & Conditioner
Photo credit = www.lipstickrules.com

I start off my mornings with a quick workout and naturally have to wash my hair afterwards. I've started to use this set of shampoo/conditioner and oh my gosh, my hair has never felt and looked better!! This line tames my frizz and conditions my hair like none other. This is the only thing  I've changed up about my hair routine in recent months and my hair is smoother than ever. I massage the shampoo around my roots and a little bit on my strands. The conditioner I apply just to my strands, not my roots. I leave in the conditioner for 2-5 minutes and rinse with cold water. 

Leave-In Conditioner
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Reviving Dry Oil
Photo credit = www.glesnibeautyblog.wordpress.com

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner
Photo credit = www.thatwinsomegirl.blogspot.com

The Wet Brush
Photo credit = www.momstart.com

Once I get out of the shower, I spritz either my Organix or Healthy Sexy Hair leave-in conditioner throughout my hair (mainly on my strands, little bit on my roots) and brush it out with a wide-tooth comb or my Wet brush. I recently rediscovered my love for The Wet Brush and can't believe I went months without using it! My hair tends to get tangly during the summer and this brush smooths out any kinks and tangles in my hair, leaving my hair silky smooth and manageable.

Leave-In Serum
Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
Photo credit = www.beautyblogger94.blogspot.com

To finish things off, I pump out a quarter-size amount of this product in my hands and pat this onto my damp strands. I have to be really really careful not to get this product close to my roots because it is heavier and can weigh down hair. I've made the mistake of applying it close to my scalp and the results are not pretty (a mega greasy, unclean feeling!). I like to pump out an extra dime size amount and put it on the ends of my hair just to hydrate them a little bit. 


That's it! A few easy steps and a few products and my hair is ready to go! I normally let it air dry, but even if I blow dry it, I use the same steps and products. Here's to hoping things cool down a bit and to  more fall dreaming posts in the future :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment