Monday, March 10, 2014

March "Must Use" Products



So I was going through my makeup drawer the other day and realized that there were SO many products I had accumulated throughout the past few months that I really needed to start using more. So I figured that for the month of March, these should be my new kinda "reach for" products. Of course, I'll probably still mix and match with my old faves (Tarte Dollface blush, heellllooo could never give that up) but I really want to try using some new things this month. With spring around the corner, I figured it was time to use more colors and it's just an excuse for me to start wearing bright shades and clothes. Although the weather has been clearing up a lot more, it's still a little chilly and so I probably won't be breaking out my spring clothes for at least a couple more weeks. But you can clearly see that my makeup routine will be significantly brighter this month since nearly everything in my stash for this month is pink or purple.

So what's in my "must use" stash?

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette 
I got this palette back in December, on the day that it was released to Sephora stores. Sooo December 6th. I actually haven't been wearing it at ALL since I figured it was a more appropriate palette for spring and summer. And boy am I glad I saved it for this season. The colors are all very pink-toned or mauve-toned, which I knew, but the amount of pink/purple undertones in each eyeshadow make it kinda hard to use it on an everyday basis. At least on my skintone, the colors definitely look pink or purple. I still love the palette though because I love wearing colorful makeup, but for everyday this palette  most likely won't be the one I reach for. I do want to use it frequently this month, maybe for days I go out or want to jazz up my eye look.

BareMinerals Eyeshadow Duo in The Flashback
This product is another eyeshadow palette I bought a while back and haven't been using. The reason is mainly because the shadows are SO pigmented that the silver kinda makes me look a bit washed out. I used to love silver eyeshadows when I was younger, but since my color is warm-toned, the strikingly metallic cool-toned sheen of the eyeshadow make it hard for me to use. But again, it's gorgeous and I'm sure I can tone down the color by dusting it on with a crease brush rather than patting it on with a dense brush. I may even try using it in my crease? We'll see, but the palette is definitely beautiful so I want to use it more frequently this month.

Clinique Chubby Eye Stick in Portly Plum
It's probably been a year since I got this and I've been looking for an excuse to wear it, but I've unfortunately been neglecting this little beauty for a while now. It's such a beautiful royal purple color and it looks gorgeous on the crease. I initially got this for an all-over color and it does work well for that if you sheer it out, but still I think it would be more everyday-friendly to wear on the crease.

Tarte Mineral Bronzer in Hotel Heiress
I use this not really as a bronzer, but rather as a highlight/blush. Probably sounds crazy but I really love the glowy, fresh, and awake look it gives me. I used this a lot last fall but I want to start using this again since Step 1 studying exhausts the crap out of me.

BareMinerals Loose Powder Blush in Golden Gate
Recently got this and tried it a few weeks back and fell in love. Super pretty coral-peachy color blush and it would look great this time of the year! It has to compete with my Tarte Dollface, which is slowly becoming my new obsession but since this blush is so beautiful it actually has a fighting chance! Just takes a bit more effort to apply this baby, but it looks so natural and lit-from-within that it's totally worth the extra minute.

BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Smooth Talker
Not really my favorite lip gloss, but I figured since I shelled out money to buy it, I should use it at least a little bit. The main reason I don't like it is because it has gold glitter in it, but I think layering over a lip butter or another lip product will make it stand out and look a lot more better.

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Strawberry 
This lip product was featured in my monthly favorites, but I really want to wear it more this month! It's the perfect balance between sheer-natural and crazy pigmented. You would think it's super pigmented based on the tube, but you can really sheer out the color to make it look like a more natural pink color on the lips. Love love love this gloss! Just wish it smelled like strawberries too! That would be absolutely amazing.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum
One of my lipsticks from this fall, but I want to wear it some more this spring because it hasn't been getting much love from me recently. Super pretty color though and definitely an everyday plum color :)

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
Last but not least, I'm so fricken excited for this!!!!! I got this lip butter for the spring and I opened it the other day and omg I'm already in love with this. It's SUCH a pretty color! It's natural and I can wear it every single day if I wanted without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. It fits in perfectly with my skin tone and looks like a MLBB kinda shade. My previous favorite lip butter shade was Pink Truffle, which was a more rose-pink-brown color but this is probably going to be its replacement for the spring at least. It's a MLBB peachy shade. It has pretty sparkles in it that make me look super glow too. It would look beautiful with a golden blush and a shimmery eye. Super excited to wear it this month and possibly even do a makeup look with this soon :)

No comments :

Post a Comment