Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Refresh Button


So yesterday I pretty much hit rock bottom and decided it was about time I hit the refresh button on my life. I've been killing myself working nonstop for like 18+ hours. For some people, that works out just fine, but not me. Especially since I'm on my computer most of the time when I'm studying, either looking stuff up or making tables/flashcards.
I figured that it was about time something changed. The constant go-go-go thing had me eating junk food every night, migraines daily, insomnia, and overall just an incredibly high amount of stress. Not good at all, for my waistline and for my mind. I had been getting about 3-5 hours of sleep per night, which just left me dysfunctional in the morning.

So, this morning is the day I hit the refresh button. I went to bed a little earlier than normal last night after taking 1 Tylenol PM to ease my headache and lull me to sleep. The result = I got a glorious 7 hours of quality sleep. I woke up really refreshed and reviewed some Pulmonary stuff. Now I'm eating cereal and blogging. So far, a pretty nice day. No headache, stress, or anything.

The real test is going to come later today. It's a long day for me, since I have my ICS class from 8-10 and then another long class from 1-5pm. That and I'm behind on my studying schedule by about a day. I'm going to try my very hardest to work in between those classes and get at least the FA section of Musculoskeletal/Derm annotated, read, and finish making tables/flashcards. Sounds easy but it's a pretty tall order. I also want to get the Fungi section of Microbiology finished, but it's only 3 pages so that should be fairly easy. All that and I want to be in bed by 12pm sharp. That means leaving the library around 11:30pm and being in bed by 11:45pm. Whew, tall order I know. We'll see how it goes.

Also, as the second part of my refresh phase, I want to start eating healthier. Enter, LC's 7-Day Skinny Jeans Re-Boot. Basically, it's a week of clean eating. Drinking lots of water, exercising 30 minutes per day, eating cleaner food. And that should take a lot of water weight off and leave you fitting into your skinny jeans. For me that means:
1. 8-12 glasses of water a day (or around 3-4 bottles of water in my lil' Love Pink tumbler)
2. Less than 2000 mg of sodium per day (bonus points for under 1700!)
3. Exercising 30 minutes a day (whether that means pilates, elliptical, walking, whatever...just workout!)
4. Only 2 cups of coffee per day! One in the morning and one in the afternoon is ideal
5. Oh and also, EAT REGULARLY. I feel like this is 50% of what contributes to my headaches. I skip meals and then once the evening hits, my head is pounding and I get cravings to eat junk food. I'm hoping eating regularly and eating well really helps with this.
6. Lastly, sleeping 7+ hours is crucial. I'm hoping to sleep at the very very very least 6 hours, but 7 hours would definitely be ideal.

I'll be sure to post the results of my 7-Day cleanse :) hoping to fit into my Aero dark wash skinny jeans!

No comments :

Post a Comment