Saturday, March 15, 2014

Travel Beauty Must-Haves

The other day, while packing for a weekend trip home, I was inspired to blog about some of my travel must-haves. I've been coming home so often that I've become a little bit of an expert at quick packing at the last moment. Here I've listed some of my absolute must-have "need to bring with me" beauty items. Of course I bring more things than these home, but these are just my beauty, makeup, hair products I bring every single time I go somewhere.


Here is my beauty bag. It's this beautiful royal purple bag I got a couple of winters ago from Victoria's Secret. It was one of their special holiday gift sets that came with perfume and stuff. I was on the market for a new makeup bag and this definitely fit the bill (and came with yummy perfume goodies!). I love using this as a makeup bag because it's really the perfect size. It's large enough to hold all of my essentials, but still fits comfortably into my duffel bag, backpack, gym bag, suitcase, etc. Plus, it's gorgeous and hard to miss while digging in a stuffed bag.


Here are my essential makeup items. Some of this items are staples in my travel bag since I bring them every single time. These include my bareMinerals Correcting Concealer, UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion, LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub, and Clinique All About Eyes Rich Eye Cream. And then I always pack an eyeshadow, mascara, blush, nailpolish, and a couple lip products that vary with my mood and season. Now I've been tame here and only packed one blush, eyeshadow palette, and two lippies. Usually I manage to somehow cram like 4 or 5 of each into my makeup bag. I've been getting better though and only packed a few things this time (wooo self control!).
I chose to bring my W&W Eyeshadow Palette in Comfort Zone (it's bulky I know, but I am on the lookout for a nice compact neutral eyeshadow duo or trio) since it has a nice mix of neutrals and vivids. For blush, I brought my mini sized BareMinerals Loose Blush in Golden Gate because it's tiny, natural, and very versatile. Mascara is my usual L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition. Definitely need a mascara popped in there. Ah and then my lip products -- I usually pack at least one lip gloss and one lipstick/tinted balm since I can never predict what I'll be in the mood for. This week, I chose my new obsessions -- Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait and Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss in Coralista. And lastly, I usually bring one nailpolish in case I have some downtime or get bored and want to paint my nails. I chose one of my new polishes, the Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polish in Apricot Nectar since it's super bright and puts me in the spring mood (and also smells like spring in a bottle!).


And lastly, some non-makeup beauty items. These don't go in my makeup bag, but rather somewhere in my duffel bag.
I literally only pack two makeup brushes when I'm going home or somewhere closeby -- one flat eyeshadow brush since I usually just do a one-color eye look when I go home, and then my blush brush. If I'm traveling for a weekend getaway or something longer, I obviously pack more eye brushes (a crease brush, liner brush, eyebrow comb) and multiple face brushes. I used to just throw them in my makeup bag, but I thought that was kinda unhygienic, so I now stow them in this little brush carrier I got during a Black Friday sale at Sephora last year. Super gorgeous and sparkly...and convenient of course!
I also make sure to pop some of my ultra hydrating Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Cream for my forehead area, which gets really dry in the wintertime. For body spray, I'm obsessed with my Pink body sprays. I usually end up bringing along my Warm & Cozy scent because it's just so delicious and cozy! Lastly, I always have to bring my staple hair products -- Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Spray and the Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. These two products combined ensure that I'll have soft, touchable hair all day. Oh, and I try to remember to bring some sort of jewelry in case I have an impromptu event I need to go to or need to look nice for some reason haha. 

So that's about it! Like I said, what I pack in my beauty bag really depends on the occasion, but these are just some of the essentials I always bring along on 75% of my trips (usually just back home to visit my parents for a few days). 

No comments :

Post a Comment