Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pink Glosses for Springtime ♥


Spring has definitely been in the air here recently and so I thought I'd share my favorite lipglosses for the season. As you guys probably know by now, I'm obsessed with lip products, especially lipglosses. And since pink happens to be my favorite color, it makes sense why I have a bajillion pink lipsticks, glosses, balms, etc etc. In this post, I've just singled out some of my favorite pink glosses that I have been reaching for the most recently. There are a ton of other pink-colored products I love (hello Naked 3 Palette, Revlon lip butters) but those are maybe for another post. 
I've definitely been reaching for a pink gloss nearly everyday for the last month or so because they look so natural on the lips and can be worn with any eye or face look. When I'm in a rush or don't know what to wear, I reach for a pink warm-toned color. Of course, some pink lipglosses are brighter than others and can't be worn on a daily basis, but I still love those glosses in my collection and wear them when I want to feel extra fancy or pink :)

Here are my favorite pink glosses swatched below:

Lancome Lip Lover in Framboise Etoile, Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Lovechild, BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Rebel, Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in Strawberry, NYX Butter Gloss in Peaches & Cream, NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel

Lancome Lip Lover In Framboise Etoile -- a really pretty berry-pink color bordering on magenta. Definitely reserved for sunny days with very little eye makeup :) I just have a (quite large) sample of it, but it's definitely one of the best lipgloss formulas I've tried in a while. 

Urban Decay Naked Nourishing Lipgloss in Lovechild -- cool-toned pink with hints of purple. I don't look all that good in cool-toned colors, but this lipgloss in an exception. It's a very sheer gloss so the cool tones don't overpower and make me look vampy like they usually do. Again, love the formula of these glosses! They hydrate my lips and surprisingly last quite a while.

BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Rebel -- subdued medium pink-mauve. Hands down, my FAVE lipgloss this season (and probably for every season!) Again, this is one of those colors that are listed as being cooler in tone, but it looks SO beautiful on my lips! The purple doesn't show up much on my lips so it looks more of a dusty rose on me. This has definitely become my favorite natural colored lipgloss and it's probably going to be one of those "take and apply whenever" shades in my collection. I can probably run out the door with this gloss and apply it whenever, even without a mirror. And I can't say that for a lot of glosses! However, I will say that it's a very dupable color and probably not worth $18 since I can guarantee that nearly every lipgloss line has a similar color. Butttt, I will definitely keep repurchasing this particular brand because the formulation is so moisturizing, lasts quite a while for being a gloss (~1 hour I'd say), the smell and taste is amazing but not overpowering (like a white chocolate peppermint, mmm), and the color is a dead on perfect MLBB for me. Oh and as another bonus, absolutely no sparkle or shimmer at all, which makes this gloss a total winner for me. 

Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Strawberry -- a warm-toned hot pink. This is one of those shades I would never have considered buying because it is so bright, pigmented, and sparkly. However, I actually really really like it! It reminds me of a perfect sunny summer afternoon. Definitely going to be wearing it a lot more this summer!

NYX Butter Gloss in Peaches & Cream -- a very bright bluish-pink. I use this shade mainly when I want to switch things up and wear more of a Barbie-pink kind of gloss. This is a super pigmented gloss, so I only apply one coat and then sheer it out as much as possible so I don't look cray.

NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel -- a light peachy-pink. I finally got a baby pink gloss! This is probably the lightest pink in my collection, but I've really grown to love it! Again, it's one of those glosses I can grab when I'm in a rush and apply it later without a mirror. I reach for this quite a lot mainly because it feels so incredibly comfortable on my lips and it contains no sparkle at all, which makes it perfect for every occasion. It's so hydrating and literally melts onto my lips (just like the name suggests). And it's sheer enough so I don't look crazy wearing a light gloss with my dark skintone.

No comments :

Post a Comment