Monday, March 17, 2014

NOTW: Revlon Parfumerie Apricot Nectar

My apologies I didn't clean the unclean lines around my nails before photographing! 

So this week,  I thought I would get a little spring-y and put on a bright coral-peachy polish. I decided to try my new Revlon Parfumerie Nailpolish in Apricot Nectar, which is a really pretty light peach shade. These are some of the newest nailpolishes in the drugstore market and I believe they are part of the Revlon permanent collection of polishes. I gotta say I like the formula overall, but there are some things that could have been better. For one, the polish initially applied streaky and uneven. After 2 more coats, it did even out and gave a shiny, opaque finish. Also, it took about 3 coats to get it to the opacity I like and the polish was a little runny and not as creamy as some of the other nailpolish brands I've tried. The standout feature of these polishes, however, is the light fragrance it has once dried (hence the name Parfumerie). I actually think it makes these polishes kinda unique! I'm not sure if all of them have a different scent, but this one smells like bubblegum/fruity candy once it's dry. Not really like an apricot, but close! And really delish! I was a little afraid because I didn't want to have a heavy scent on my nails or have an acetone+fruit fragrance on my nails, but I think Revlon did a really good job with the scents! It's light enough that you have to pretty much hold your nails up to your nose in order to smell any fragrance. Also, the packaging of these polishes deserves a mention. It has a black knob-shaped top which makes it looks rich, elegant, and sophisticated. Definitely prettier and more elegant than the normal plastic polish tops. Looks beautiful on my vanity and makes these polishes standout in my nailpolish box.

So overall, although I don't love the formulation completely, I love the innovative idea of the lightly fragranced polishes. The fragrances are light enough and don't interfere or make you smell overpowering in any way. The packaging of these polishes is beautiful. It would look so pretty on my dresser as a decoration. Plus, the color selection in this collection is amazing, so I may pick up a few more shades! Love love love this polish. May become my new obsession.

No comments :

Post a Comment