Thursday, January 23, 2014

Coping With Stress

As you probably deducted from my last post, yesterday was a pretty hard day. I had accumulated a LOT of stress over this past week with my relationships, Step 1, my weight loss, etc. And instead of moping around and binge eating while watching YouTube videos or Ugly Betty I decided to get out and go on a de-stressing road trip.
Here are some snaps from my latest de-stressing routine that I hope will help me in the future to prevent a stress-induced binge :)


First, I grabbed a small plate of nachos.  I figured that I would indulge a little bit so I wouldn't binge later when I went out. This is my favorite dip, the Tostitos Salsa Con Queso with some scoops. So delicious. And in all honesty, food is still my favorite way to de-stress and this baby came in only around 100-150 calories, so not much damage was done.


Next, I stopped at McDonalds to get some coffee. Hot drinks are super relaxing for me especially when it's cold outside, and this just totally hit the spot. For some reason, the #1 thing I love when I'm extremely stressed is coffee, no matter if it's decaf or caffeinated. It's kinda bad, but I just can't help my love affair. 


Road trip time! Another thing I love when I'm stressed is driving. For some reason, driving while listening to relaxing, melodious music really calms me. I had to go down to Oakland to drop off treats for my advising group, so it wasn't just a random trip. I put on some Ed Sheeran, sipped my coffee, and took a relaxing mini road. trip.



Annnnd on my way back, I stopped at Ulta. I figured I'd just complete my wonderful de-stressing trip with a little haul because when I'm stressed, I love shopping. Plus, I really needed some stuff so it was perfect. I'll do a separate post about that a little later. 

No comments :

Post a Comment