Saturday, January 11, 2014

Spring Fashion Haul + Lippies!


I've been in such a spring mood lately! I love bright and pastel colors, and the new Spring 2014 makeup has been really exciting and fresh! I've been re-organizing my makeup drawer and finally separated my lip products into spring/summer vs. fall/winter. This blog post is about the current spring makeup I own and also a little haul about some of the sweaters I picked up this winter that would be beautiful for spring as well!


MAKEUP

Left to right: Revlon Sugar Frosting, Maybelline Totally Toffee, Clinique Bamboo Pink, Clinique Mega Melon, Revlon Honey, L'Oreal Everbloom, L'Oreal Vagabond Mauve

Some of the colors for some reason look different swatched on my arm than on my lips. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting is a super pretty light pink colored balm. Usually, light pink lip products look horrible on me, but this one look absolutely flattering and summery since it's more warm toned and sheer. Maybelline Lipstick in Totally Toffee looks very different swatched above. On my lips, it comes off as a nude with no hints of pink unlike the swatch. It pairs beautifully with a nude or light gold lipgloss for the perfect nude lip look. Clinique Lipstick in Bamboo Pink is a cool-toned shimmery light pink lipstick. It's not my favorite because it makes me look dead, but it goes great with a coral-pink lipgloss on top. Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon looks way more opaque swatched above than it actually is. It brings out the pink color of my lips and it's quite sheer and appropriate for everyday wear or with a heavier eye. Revlon Lip Balm Stain in Honey was my favorite summer lip product last year. It's a pink-mauve balm that looks universally flattering. Again, goes great with a pink gloss on top. L'Oreal Lipstick in Everbloom is a really bright warm pink. I put it on my lips and then dab it out with my fingers to sheer it out and pair it with a pink gloss. L'Oreal Lipstick in Vagabond Mauve is a raspberry colored lipstick. Again, super bright so I usually dab it after applying to make the color more sheer.

Left to right: L'Oreal Pucker Up Pink, Benefit Dandelion, Bare Minerals Smooth Talker, Benefit Sugarbomb, L'Oreal Raspberry Flush

These are my springtime lipglosses. Not too many, so I'm looking forward to expanding my collection this spring! L'Oreal Le Gloss Lipgloss in Pucker Up Pink is a shimmery baby pink gloss. It leans more towards cool toned in my opinion, but it still looks really nice on my lips. It's very sheer so I usually put it on top of a lipstick or lip balm, but it can be worn over the lips to brighten them up. Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss in Dandelion is one of my favorite light pink lipglosses. I'm really going to miss it when my small tube runs out (shame they're so expensive!).  It's a beautiful warm baby pink color that looks stunning on its own for a sheer wash of color on the lip. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Smooth Talker is new to my collection, so I haven't worn it too much. It looks more pink swatched above, but it comes off more peach-gold on my lips. It's more of a summer color, but would look great on warm sunny spring days. Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss in Sugarbomb is a shimmery cool-toned pink mauve lipgloss. It's one of their more pigmented glosses and adds sparkle to my lips. L'oreal Le Gloss Lipgloss in Raspberry Flush is a cool-toned magenta. It's super pigmented so I have to dab my lips after applying. It's also very cool toned, so it doesn't look good with my complexion when it's applied thick. 



FASHION HAUL

Victoria's Secret. Quite thin, cotton hoodie. Would be excellent for cooler, sunny days.
  
New York & Company. Thick, sequined scarf. Such a pretty lilac color to wear on cooler days. 

 New York & Company. Soft, cotton, thin sweater. Way brighter than in the picture! Great paired with shorts. 

 New York & Company. Coral polyester tank. Good top for work on sunny spring days. 

  Target. Cotton long-tee. Super bright hot pink color! I imagine wearing this with shorts on warm days.

 Target. Soft, medium thickness sweater. Looks bright red here, but it's actually more of an orangey-red.




No comments :

Post a Comment