Sunday, January 26, 2014

Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich


I finally got around to making a breakfast sandwich! I've wanted to try making my own ever since I fell in love with the breakfast power sandwiches from Panera. It was actually quite simple to make it, especially since I'm at my parents house and they have a little sandwich pressor. Even without one, I'm sure it would be just at delicious made on the stovetop or toaster oven. 

At 315 calories, 8 grams of fat, 37 grams of carbs, 26 grams of protein, and 605 mg of sodium it is honestly one of the most satisfying and filling breakfasts I've ever made. I'm a huge fan of warm, toasty breakfasts as opposed to cold ones and this one is super healthy, but delicious at the same time. And ridiculously easy to make as well!

Recipe:
9 tablespoons liquid egg whites (about 3 egg whites)
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 slice of mild cheddar cheese
Pam cooking spray
A sliver of butter

I first cooked the egg whites in a Pam-coated saucepan. Once cooked, I cut the omelette in half and put each half on a slice of bread. I topped one of the slices with the cheddar slice. After putting the sandwich together, I put a little bit of butter on the outer parts of each slice of bread. I cut the sandwich in half and put it in the sandwich press. Without a sandwich press, it's easy to make it on a saucepan so it's nice and toasty/melty/warm. 

So that's it! It's pretty basic and there's definitely a lot of room to experiment with different toppings, veggies, toast options, cheese options, etc. This sandwich also took me like 15 mins tops to make. Definitely looking forward to making a snazzier sandwich next time, maybe with spinach or onions or even some sausage for more protein! 



No comments :

Post a Comment