Sunday, January 5, 2014

Spring Crafts

Over the past few months, I've gotten into quite a crafty mood. I've been so inspired by all the DIY project posts on Pinterest and Youtube that I went out and bought supplies to do most of these projects...only to not have time at during the Christmas season to do them. Hence, this post! Hopefully I can finish some of these projects this spring since a lot of them are quite simple and should only take a few hours.

1. Spring Inspiration Binder


This is probably the easiest project of them all. I've cut out a lot of magazine pictures and articles from my spring magazines from the past few years and don't want them just sitting out loosely on my desk. So I thought it would be super cute to hole punch them and stick them in a binder and decorate the outside of it with some spring flowers or quotes. Easy access for when I need some inspiration or have some free time to peruse for new spring fashion or beauty or fitness ideas! 

2. Photo Album

Another super easy craft. I've bought a photo album, all I have to do is label the photos on the back with a brief description and then place them in order into the photo album. Super cute way to reminisce if I'm feeling low or alone...good reminder that I'm not alone and that I have caring and genuine friends all around me :) 

3. Sticky Felt Hearts 

I found these super cute glittery red and pink hearts at the Dollar Store the other day and thought they would be soooo adorable on my closet door. Right now I have some magazine cutouts on my closet door, but I think these would look a lot more decorative! Just gotta stick some double sided sticky tape on the back and stamp them along my closet door, and maybe even my room door :) 

4.  Motivation Wall
I thought this was SUCH a cute idea and a great way to inspire myself to workout or eat healthy when my motivation is running a little low (which happens quitteeee frequently). I have a lot of magazines I can clip inspiring photos from and I think I have a bulletin board, so this is a definite weekend project that I can get done in a few hours :) just gotta find some free wall space now!

5. Rhinestone Wrap Bracelets

Haven't made jewelry in a while and these are sooo pretty for the spring season! They look a little complicated to make, but it would still be fun to try and make these since the materials are so cheap.

6. Heart Shaped Photo Collage

Another super adorable craft that would look great on my wall and be a great inspiration for when I'm feeling sad or lonely. 

7. Couch Throw Pillows
And finally my last craft! I've been meaning to do this one for like literally 4 months now, it's bad. I wanted to make some throw pillows for my couch. I have the material and everything, I just need to get my butt into gear and make them. I wanted to make rhinestone snowflake pillows for the winter, but I may just convert them into a springtime project. I'm really really excited but the only issue is that it's going to take a lotttt of time which may be hard to find in these next few months :( 

1 comment :

  1. We love our DIY crafts!! The photo collage and photo album are great ideas! They'd not only make cute decorations for your room, but would be perfect gifts too! There is nothing like receiving a handmade present

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete