Monday, January 6, 2014

First Day Back!


Well, Christmas vacation is done done done :( No more vacation time until my 2 weeks post-boards off before third year clerkships begin. Until then, there is a LOTTT of things I have to do, which I'm really not looking forward to. Like learn how to put IV's in....ahhh!!!! The ONE thing I was least looking forward to in medical school. Buttt, I shall conquer this as well since putting in central lines is all people in internal medicine do anyway.
I made the mistake of taking a sleeping pill last night so I could fall asleep a little more easily, and boyyy was it a bad idea. I totally slept through my four alarms this morning. As in, I didn't even hear any of them go off at all. So yeaaa, the pill may have been a little too strong for me. I managed to wake up at 8:30 somehow and I'm a little bummed about not waking up at 6am like I had initially planned to go for a light workout or a walk around my neighborhood. But hey, one step at a time! At least I managed to wake up somewhat on time after sleeping in until 11am everyday during break. I'm beginning my routine this morning having just finished breakfast and now sipping my morning coffee. I'm about to write down a to-do list in my planner and then start some schoolwork, followed by starting boards prep, ahhh!!!
I had my day completely planned out, but then one of my friends is leaving for PA school on Wednesday and one of the only days she's free is tonight. So looks like no zumba class for me, although I am going to try and snag a late afternoon workout. And hopefully I'm able to make it out to see her even with Winter Storm Ion on the front here :( supposed to go down to -5 degrees tonight..crazy!! Let the crazyness begin!

No comments :

Post a Comment