Saturday, January 4, 2014

Skin Routine!!


After struggling with adult acne for nearly a year now after having exceptionally clear skin through my entire teenage-hood, I  think I've finally got my skincare routine down. I've made some mistakes regarding skincare in the past, but I think I've gotten a set routine down that's been working for me for nearly a week now. I know it's too early to get excited, but I'm continuing to discover what my skin likes vs. doesn't like and think this is a keeper!

Morning

  1. Wash face with Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. This is a creamy face wash with menthol and a tiny bit of salicylic acid that penetrates pores nicely and gives a clean, tingly feeling to the skin. Super refreshing! 
  2. Drench Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion (toner) on a cotton ball and rub all over skin. Repeat until cotton ball comes out clean. 
  3. With a Q-tip apply some of the toner to any acne or bumps. Wait until dry and put on a spot treatment (Clean & Clear Peroxide Gel) on top. Let dry.
  4. With clean hands, apply Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 all over the face. Apply Clinique All About Eyes Rich eyecream on the undereye area, lids, and temples. Let dry before applying any makeup.
Night
  1. Remove all makeup with Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes. Wipe face with single cloth 2-3x until all makeup is off and wipe comes out clean. 
  2. Wash face with Clinique Acne Solutions Foam Cleanser. This contains salicylic acid and is super gentle. 
  3. Drench Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion (toner) on a cotton ball and rub all over skin. Repeat until cotton ball comes out clean. 
  4. With a Q-tip apply some of the toner to any acne or bumps. Wait until dry and put on a spot treatment (Clean & Clear Peroxide Gel) on top. Let dry.
  5. Apply Aveeno Smart Essentials Night Cream all over the face.
  6. Apply Clinique All About Eyes Rich eyecream on the undereye area, lids, and temples.
  7. Pull up hair in a loose bun.
  8. Go to sleep and DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE!!! =]

No comments :

Post a Comment