Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mini Ulta Haul!


Here are the goodies I got at Ulta on my recent trip. I was feeling a little low and decided buying some stuff I didn't need would cheer me right up, and boy was I right :) although three of these things I actually kinda "needed". And to top it off, all these were under $25!

Pantene Smooth Conditioner -- $3.79 -- my favorite conditioner! Pretty boring purchase, but the conditioner I keep at my parent's place ran out and these were on sale so I picked up a bottle. Definitely the best frizz-fighting conditioner I've ever tried and gentle on thicker hair too.

Pantene 2-minute Deep Conditioner -- $2.99 -- oh my goodness, I tried this product last summer and it is a holy grail product for dry hair. I haven't seen it recently at Walmart, where is usually where I get my Pantene products, so I was quite surprised when I found this at Ulta...on sale! This winter has been kind of rough and my hair has been dry for the past several weeks, so I'm very glad I found this! And yes, it really only takes 2 minutes to work its magic.

NYX Butter Glosses in Apple Strudel and Peaches & Cream -- $4.99 each -- I have been waiting to get my paws on these for so long now! I ended up skipping the Tiramisu gloss and going for these two pinker-shades instead. I know the tubes look the exact same in the picture above, but Apple Strudel is a light pink, whereas Peaches & Cream is a hotter pink. I actually got these because I realized I didn't really have any sheer, pinky glosses to wear on an everyday basis or with a heavier eye. I'm very glad I got these shades because they are perfect! Peaches & Cream is a little more pigmented and brightens my face up right away. The only thing I will say that it is a bit sticky and the color fades super quickly...like within 20 minutes. But for the price, you really can't beat it. And there's so many shades to try, I can't wait to get my hands on a few more.

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Warm Nudes -- $11.99 -- so this is the other product I actually needed besides the two hair products above. I stupidly lost my Naked palette, and I've been feeling super empty (and heh, naked) ever since. I don't really know where I misplaced it or left it somwhere while on vacation, but it's gone and I honestly really really miss it. How pathetic is that? Hah, anyway I decided that this was a good dupe for the Naked palette and I really like all of the shades. I love wearing shimmery eyeshadows and this set is perfect. Plus, it comes in a super adorable packaging. It was a little pricey and from the reviews, I've heard that the pigmentation isn't stellar but until I find my Naked palette or invest enough money to buy the Naked 2, this will have to do. I'm actually in love with all of the shades in this, so I think I probably will end up loving this. Maybe I'll do a FOTD with these once I open them. I was considering going to Ulta and picking up the Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush and seeing if the lady would give it to me 50% off since they have the BOG150% deal going on. Hmm, we'll have to see though. Depends on if I get my butt to Ulta sometime soon :)

No comments :

Post a Comment